Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remember (by Stephen Simpson)

This past Sunday evening I preached a message for our Lord's Supper service. In that message I emphasized the phrase "do this in remembrance of me" and gave 9 things that we are to remember when we gather around the Lord's Table.
  1. Remember that Jesus came to this earth for a specific purpose. (Matt. 20:28 & 1 Tim. 1:15)
  2. Remember that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life.
  3. Remember that you and I were born totally depraved. (Rom. 3:10, 23)
  4. Remember that blood had to be shed for our sin. (Heb. 9:22)
  5. Remember that Jesus Christ was betrayed.
  6. Remember that Christ died 'for us.' (1 Cor. 11:24, 15:3, 2 Cor. 5:21, Gal. 3:13)
  7. Remember the horrible suffering that Christ endured. (Is. 53; John 19)
  8. Remember that Christ restrained Himself.
  9. Remember that Christ's death satisfied the wrath of God.
May we always remember the death of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: