In Acts 9, we read of Saul's conversion. We should be familiar with this story. Saul is on the road to Damascus and is stopped by Jesus. The thing that struck me as I read this passage today was verse 15. In this verse, the Lord speaks to Ananias and says, "Go, for he (Saul) is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel."
It is amazing to me to consider that God chose to use Saul. Saul was doing everything within his power to eliminate the church. He was rounding up Christians. He was participating in their martyrdom (see Acts 7:51; 8:1). Saul was definitely anti-Christian. He was utterly opposed to everything Christian. Yet, God miraculously chose to use Him. He desribes Saul as one of His chosen instruments. Unbelievable!
Then I realized how amazing it is that God has chosen to use me. I was just like Saul, anti-Christian and totally opposed to the things of Christ. Yet, God miraculously saved me. Hallelujah, what a Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment